Friday, August 24, 2007

Mouse Trap

Its 9am on a Friday morning. I've been up since 5:30. For those 3 and 1/2 hours...I have nothing to show. I've gotten a shower, true, had breakfast, true. I surfed the web. I made Little Guy his breakfast (which he is now refusing to eat for some unknown reason.) Sweetling has been making a penguin family since 7:15. (And the "What were you thinking, Mommy?" question from yesterday is totally forgotten in her little mind.) We did have a short discussion about multiplying both sides of an equation by a reciprical fraction when a variable has a fraction as a coeffiecent....but you know, that was just light morning time conversation.

But the real reason I'm blogging is that my sink has a stack of four stinky mouse traps sitting in it. Oh yes it does. Stinky like, there might still be a dead mouse inside of one of them. That degree of stinky. We have a mouse in the laundry room somewhere. he nibbled on a bag of brown sugar in the downstairs pantry and I heard him making his mousey noises yesterday morning, when I was awake at 5am. I told the Jedi we needed to pick up some mousetraps. (Meaning of course, that he needed to pick up some mousetraps.) The Jedi went out to the garage this morning and found this four box like mousetraps from a few years ago. He brought them in to show me them at 7am....cause that's exactly what I want at 7am. He said, "They're going to need some cleaning, then I'll set them up when I get home tonight." Appparantly by that he meant "you are going to need to clean them so that they are ready for me to set up when I get home tonight." I found them stacked in the sink when I went in to make myself some hot chocolate.

Let the universe hear and tremble, for I am NOT touching those things.

I sprayed them with Lysol, which didn't help. It will, however, probably be enough to render them useless as micetraps. (Is micetraps an acceptable plural of mousetraps?) I'm working up the courage to go in, unload the dishwasher, put the breakfast dishes in the dishwasher, put the stopper in the sink....and fill the sink with bleach water. That is as close as I am willing to come to cleaning the things. Even then...I have to be much nearer to them than I want to be. I'll just have to keep adding water and bleach to the sink throughout the day, cause the stopper doesn't totally seal the sink.

Vaya is going to have all kinds of animal right fits about this post. Fine. Vaya can come remove the mice from my house if she wants to.

No comments: