Here it is. Truly and without exageration,
The Perfect BlueBerry Muffin.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, room temp, beaten (yeah, I'm not sure how well I follow the room temp part)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 chilled unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 and line muffin tin with liners.
- Mix dry muffin ingredients together in a bowl. (I always wonder why recipes specify 'in a bowl'. Do they think I might get confused and mix up my flour in a hat?)
- In a small bowl (not a hat), whisk milk and egg together. Add oil and whisk.
- Add milk and egg to flour mixture and blend with a wooden spoon until all the lumps are out. The batter will be thick. Like, playdough, what have I done wrong, type thick. Don't panic.
- Gently fold in blueberries. (This is really tough to do in playdough, but you don't want the blueberries to bust open.)
- In another bowl, because hats are for heads, combine topping ingredients and cut in the butter.
- Spoon batter into liners. Do not fill to top.
- Generously sprinkle topping crumble unto muffins. Generously = pack it on, baby.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes or so before trying to remove them from the pan.
- Be amazed at their perfection.