Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Art and Facebook

Toa of Boy likes to look at artwork produced by other young children. When he finds a piece he especially likes, he loves to sit and paint something similar. I figure that for centuries, art students have been learning by making copies of the works of other artists, so Toa of Boy is following along a time-honored tradition.

Yesterday we found this awesome gallery of elementary art. Its produced by the Bellevue School District, and Toa of Boy really liked several of their pieces. Here's the painting he made inspired by some of the gallery pieces.


Before we did K-12, and I was teaching my brother the dude, I always struggled with what to do for art on a regular basis. (And I personally love art). So, I thought I'd share the gallery so that other homeschooling moms could look through the projects and maybe get inspired.

In other news, its been a month of Sundays since I've put up a Facebook Friday. Its not Friday, its Tuesday, but you know I'm not going to let that stop me. On second thought, I think I'll do my Facebook in a separate post, so that I can submit this one to Works for Me Wednesday.

No comments: