Saturday, March 19, 2011

....and the winners are

We have too much selected for our drive from the Grand Canyon to Albuquerque. Which cannot be said without also saying, "I knew I should have made that left turn at Albuquerque."

I sat the kids down, opened up a webpage on all seven attraction options, and then had them rate what they would like to do, in order of preference. Here were the lists I got back. I'd like to try to get both kids top three picks in if at all possible.

Toa of Boy's picks, in order of preference:
Meteor Crater
Montezuma's Castle
Petrified Forest National Park
Lowell Observatory
La Pasada
Petroglyph National Monument
Sky City


Sweetling's picks, in order of preference:
Lowell Observatory
La Pasada
Petrified Forest National Park
Sky City
Meteor Crater
Montezuma's Castle
Petroglyph National Monument

Which might make our drive plan look something like this:

Return Trip Day 4, Tuesday May 10

--Depart Grand Canyon 8:00am

--Flagstaff AZ Lowell Observatory 9:40-10:40

--Camp Verde AZ Montezuma Castle National Monument 11:40-1:00

--lunch?? 1:00-1:30 Las Margaritas 2099 E Cornville Rd, Rimrock, Arizona
OR?? 1955 Forest 119 Road Lake Montezuma, AZ I can't figure out if there are two restaurants here, or one with two addresses. I'm only seeing one restaurant on google street view.

--Meteor Crater AZ 2:30-3:30pm

--Winslow AZ La Posada 4:00-4:30 pm

--Holbrook AZ some cool restaurant the Jedi found 5-6pm, right down the road from concrete tepees

--Petrified Forest National Whatever it is AND we'd be getting there right at sunset. I want my time machine back.

I just emailed the whole thing to the Jedi. He and Sweetling can build us a time machine. Or perhaps a Rocket Car. We can zoom across Arizona in a rocket car. Toa of Boy would dig that.

Revised schedule. You know this is why I have the soaring readership.
--Depart Grand Canyon 7am. The Jedi has said this is feasible.
--Lowell Observatory when they open at 9am. Stay till 10am, latest.
--Montezuma Castle Monument 11-12:30
--Subway eat on the road 98 Kachina Blvd # B, Flagstaff, AZ
--Meteor Crater. 1:30-2:30
--Winslow La Posada 3:00-3:30
--Holbrook, dinner 3:30-4:30
--Petrified Forest 5:30-7:00
--Hotel at Albuquerque 10:40 (which will be 9:40 in NM--see I have a time machine after all!!!)

No comments: