Once again, the point here is that I do reread my blog, and grabbing a few of my Facebook posts for the past couple of weeks lets me revisit some of those memories. I'm going to leave off the post date. I think that was just unnecessary work I made for myself.
- What's a good post-gardening snack? (Hint: it is NOT a salad. I'm all done messing with green things.)
- Dear Student Ministries, Toa of Boy was very disappointed that bags full of live earthworms were not sent home as party favors. He would have given some of them a good home.
- There is, apparently, a big difference between baking soda and corn starch....even though they both live in a yellow box on the same shelf of the fridge. When one is cooking a pancake dinner and talking on the phone at the same time, one should pay better attention to which box one is grabbing. Just an FYI.
- Even though I'm not prone to notice which yellow box I've grabbed when distracted...I *CAN* make corn muffins without eggs! Boo-yah!!!
- My life in the kitchen is such a roller coaster of highs and lows. The terrible cornstarch/backing soda switch was followed by an egg-less corn muffin victory...and then I forgot to add the yeast to the scrumptious homemade wheat hamburger buns. Ah well, if the London Olympics needs a few extra discuses, I have them.
- I know what we're doing for the first three weeks of the Amazing Race at Learning Tree next year!!! So pumped about this class!!!!!