Thursday, September 21, 2006

More quotes from FLYLADY

I had been copying and pasting a few flylady quotes into their own wp file...which I'll never read, but that at least gave me permission to DELETE the email.

Now I think I'll copy and paste them here...where they might be read.

What actually prompted me to write you today was the fact that I got
up this morning with my alarm. I've been apathetic in the morning,
and it takes away a lot of time from my day. I'm a SAHM, and I have
been sleeping in until a child wakes up. Each morning I set my alarm
for a time about 45 minutes before they usually wake, but when the
time came, I didn't want the comfort of the warm bed to end, so I
would turn off the alarm. I even told myself that I didn't want my
day to be any longer, which is a pretty sad thought, now that I think
about it. I've done this off and on for months, not even bothering
with the alarm some weeks.

Last night I told myself that I would try again, because you wouldn't
want me to give up. I told myself over and over as I drifted off to
sleep "no warmth of bed could compare to peace of mind". I was
thinking about the peace of mind I would get by doing some of my work
finished before the kids woke up. When the alarm went off this
morning I heard those words in my mind, and got up.
And of course, this one is relevent because I stay in bed till the last possible moment in the mornings. I like her little mantra.

And the self-critical voice says, "Why do you 'waste' so much time reading about what you should be doing, when you should be busy doing so many things?" This is why.

No comments: