Thursday, September 28, 2006

The spider is rebuilding

Or, at least she was rebuilding yesterday evening. We had a bit of rain overnight, and I haven't gone outside to see how her web faired through the storm. I looked through my kitchen window, but couldn't see her web from that angle, invisible as the strands are.

This bit is from another Flylady email. The questions, therefore, are not mine... but it resonated with me. Several years ago, I went through some counseling for depression (a combination of S.A.D and a major new direction in my life). One of the questions asked of me, and one that I've really never fully answered for myself is... Where do you get your sense of value? I have a nice 'textbook' answer I could give for that, but not an answer from my heart and soul.

Here were Flyladies questions. I might get around to writing a bit about them later. (Or at least, writing about the relevant ones).

1. Do I value myself on my job?

2. Do I value myself because of my husband's job?

3. Do I place value on myself because of my children's jobs?

4. Do I value myself on how I look?

5. Do I value myself on how I act?

6. Do I value myself on my clothes?

7. Do I value myself on my portfolio?

8. Do I value myself on how much I saved when I shopped?

9. Do I value myself on how much I can spend?

10. Do I value myself on how much I earn?

11. Do I value myself on how much more I earn than my spouse?

12. Do I value myself on my church work?

13. Do I value myself on other volunteer jobs?

14. Do I value myself on how my house looks?

15. Do I value myself on what kind of car I drive?

16. Do I value myself on what kind of house I live in?

17. Do I value myself on where I live?

18. Do I value myself on how I purchased my furniture?

19. Do I value myself on good grades in school?

20. Do I value myself by my friends?

21. Do I value myself on my hair?

22. Do I value myself on my nails?

23. Do I value myself on how well I do one thing, Motherhood?

24. Do I value myself on how well I do a sport?

25. Do I value myself on how much weight I have lost?

26. Do I value myself on how punctual I am?

27. Do I value myself on how I manage my time?

No comments: