Friday, September 22, 2006

Psalms

HoneyBee didn't get the job she had been applying for. She took the news rather well. Certainly better than I'm taking the news. I'm just crushed. I was thinking about her a lot yesterday, about how much she's had to overcome, and about the wounds those circumstances had left behind. She needs much better options than what she has opened to her right now.

My Bible reading today was "Psalms of a People in Exile". It matched my mood.

We are brought down to the dust;
our bodies cling to the ground.
Rise up and help us;
redeem us because of your unfailing love.

Have regard for your covenant,
because haunts of vilence fill the dark places of the land.
Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace;
ma the poor and needy praise your name.

Restore us, O God;
make your face shine upon us,
that we may be saved.

HoneyBee says she's going to go put in applications for a second job. She can't make ends meet on the income she has right now. I don't even want to know what her shortfall is each month. Money just needs to fall from the sky sometimes. This is one of those times. Not a lot of money. Just enough.

Two hours left in my afternoon. Sweetling is working from her assignment notebook right now. Then we need to do music. Then, I think I need to take a garbage bag, and a give away bag, and start getting rid of the many many objects that are not going back into the kitchen.

The kitchen is repainted now. I really, really, really love the colors :) If I knew how to post a link to the colors, I would. Maybe later i'll do some searches on it. The Jedi hates the colors, but is willing to put up with them because they make me happy. The Jedi likes calm, quiet, soothing colors. I like vibrant, bright, happy colors. The kitchen is definately vibrant, bright, and happy. The Jedi has labeled the colors as "Romper Room".

The Jedi also spent most of the evening, and late into the night laying on his back, half in, mostly out, under the kitchen sink replacing a faucet. After that he replaced electrical outlets and their plates to coordinate with the new colors he hates. I should maybe spend some of my afternoon making a batch of snickerdoodles in the new kitchen that I love.

No comments: