Friday, November 12, 2010

Follow the Yellow Brick Road!

I swear I spent hours, really, really I did, trying to find travel information on Kansas. And with one comment, a Traveling Prater has me hooked back into trip research. BUT her one comment was highly productive, cause it's opened up a whole new world of STUFF TO SEE IN KANSAS!!!! (All found on Yellow Brick Road Trip).

Including...A Giant Van Gogh painting...(very appropriate for the Sunflower State)
"Take in this giant Van Gogh Sunflower reproduction painting on an 80-foot easel – part of a project intended to reproduce all seven of Vincent van Gogh's sunflower paintings on giant easels in seven different countries around the globe. The painting stands in a park complex which encompasses Pioneer Park, a new city park, built directly west of the painting." Cherry St and E. 19th St.  Goodland, KS   67735

The Prairie Museum of Art and History (which is probably going to be closed by the time we hit Colby)

The Garden of Eden, which is 20 minutes north of 1-70, but I'm putting it here as a possibility. It has a fee though. And a rather strange history.

Also in Lucas is the Grassroots Art Center. A cool visit, but time will be a deciding factor. (Ok, a cool visit for a Mommy at least. The Jedi might not be as impressed.)

(Note---I started this post weeks ago. Weeks. Then I didn't have time to finish it, so i thought, I'll get back to it later. Now its much later. I'm never really going to "finish" this. So I'm posting it forward as is. No pictures. No decisions. Just as is.)

1 comment:

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

Glad to see that you are enjoying your research once again! LOL On my way to Denver I drove past sign after sign announcing that I was approaching the giant sunflower painting and I have to admit that I was really tempted on that one. I love Van Gogh. If the family would have been along there would have been no hesitation but I just hated to do all the fun stuff without them! :)