Friday, February 25, 2011

Facebook Friday

Once again, don't read if you're already on Facebook. 

Jan 29
Many, many books are leaving my house. The Jedi is organizing and reshelving what is left (which is still, many, many books.)

Jan 29
Pop quiz.....what delicious chocolate treat do I want to make?
>>I went with whole wheat brownies. They need chocolate chips in them, but are still pretty yummy.

Jan 30
GOOO MEEE!!!!!! I made a blog banner ALL BY MYSELF! I didn't get help from Sweetling or the Jedi or anybody!!!

Jan 31
Dear Facebook Friends--
In the midst of all your preparations for the upcoming winter storm, let us not forget that Groundhog's Day is on Wednesday. It is not to late to mobilize! If we all work together and do our part, we can go a long way to ensuring that no groundhog anywhere sees its shadow.

Jan 31
Grocery list finished for this week. Thanks for all the tasty recipe ideas! I'm planning on making a new soup each week through the duration of winter. Take THAT nasty weather!

Feb 1
4.784 but i keep forgetting to stretch before I run.

Feb 1
I just want to point out that "Winter Weather System" and "Wintery Mix" seem far too benign to actually describe the frozen nastiness they usually contain.

Feb 2
ARRRRGGGG!!!!! I can't READ the crappy word verification letters!!!! ARRRGGGGG!!!!!

Feb 3
Very difficult to type status updates when one hand is clutched tight around a fistful of peanut m&ms.

Feb 4
Who can cook curry? I picked up vanilla yogurt from the store by mistake!!! If i use the vanilla in my chicken curry, how badly will that mess it up?

Feb 4
my curry was GOOD!

Feb 6
We aren't going to be packed for co-op cause I'm watching the superbowl and don't want to have the chaos of packing going on during it. Will I regret this tomorrow morning? yes. yes I will.

Feb 6
The Monday after Superbowl Sunday should be a national holiday. Just saying.

Feb 7
someone in this house needs to take one for the team and eat the last piece of chocolate pie. I guess it will just have to be me.
>>You know what I love about you? The way you are always sacrificing your wants and needs for your family. I admire you, my hero!

Feb 8
I have no clean dishes in my house. I have no clean dishes in my house, cause I have no Cascade. I have no Cascade cause even though I went to Walmart JUST FOR CASCADE yesterday i walked out with a $35 bill and NO CASCADE. I have no breakfast, unless I want to wash dishes by hand. I have no sink to wash dishes, cause both my sink and my dishwasher are full of dirty dishes. Here I sit, hiding in the basement, hungry.

Feb 8
Guess who just took the LAST box of Cascade off the walmart shelf? Oh yeah. I'm that wicked.


Feb 10
It's 12:30, and i'm still in my jammies. Hooray for Thursdays!

Feb 10
My roast beef is really tough. Do I cook it longer? Does it get more tender with more oven time?

Feb 10
Toa of Boy really thinks "burnination" is a word. I don't have the heart to tell him that it isn't.

Feb 11
I don't want to do either school OR laundry today, but guess what?


Feb 11
3pm, and only three large baskets of laundry stand between me and my weekend.... as Toa of Boy would say, "you are going DOWN, laundry!"

Feb 12
One can tell it's saturday by the collection of hot chocolate mugs near my desk

Feb 12
cannot get past annoying red hand of doom.....Curse you Link, move faster!

Feb 13
I have chocolate covered strawberries for my French class tomorrow. I don't have a lesson plan yet, but I think the kids will overlook that little detail.

Feb 14
From sunshine and no jackets yesterday, back to winter coats today. Boo hiss.

Feb 15
He is jealous for me, love like a hurricane, I am a tree.

Feb 15
Who has a t-shirt with a brain on it which I can borrow for game night tomorrow night?

Feb 15
here I go to make a t-shirt. Wish me luck. And, you know, tell me it looks like a brain, a cool brain.

Feb 16
Space Chimps 2 is like a train wreck....its aweful, and yet I can't see to stop watching.
--Just so I'm not alone in this....the movie ended with a time reversal, followed by a circus performance, followed by a dotson and guinea pig in a space suit chasing a miniaturized alien around a front lawn in Florida.

Feb 16
New word for the day..."adorkable" as in "you look adorkable". Thank you Sweetling.

Feb 17
What I've leaned in school today: Camels have *nasty* teeth.

Feb 17
I just poked out the bottoms of all the valentine's chocolates to find the one I wanted.

Feb 18
Guess who spent the afternoon at Krohn conservatory playing SuperMunchkin?

Feb 20
Once again, I am defeated by the computer. It's not enough to tell it to print and walk away, one must also tell it "ok" after it has just been told to print.

Feb 20
We were discussing how many languages a woman at our church can speak. This led to what I thought would be a touching, teachable moment. So I started talking about how God gives each one of us special gifts. Toa of Boy, very enthusiastically, interrupted me to exclaim, "I can play MarioKart Wii with ONE HAND!!!" Yes, onward Christian soldier.
--Toa of Boy is cool, too many people with gifts say they don't have any. Even the smallest gifts can be used by God in great ways. Ways no one else can.

Feb 21
Our Monday morning started out with no toilet paper in the house. How is everyone else doing?
--Is it with the Cascade?

Feb 22
DAFFODILS!!! That's right! The green leaves of the daffodils are up all over my backyard! WWWOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

Feb 23
if i had any spaghetti sauce, i'd make bake spaghetti for dinner.

Feb 23
There needs to be a new word for tired. None of the words I can think of will fit my current state.

Feb 24
5.438, not good enough to overtake Toa's first place of 5.596. Toa's little legs go so fast on the trampoline that his Mii trips up and goes bouncing down the "road".

Feb 24
We're going to a friend's house to watch the first episode of this season of the Amazing Race. Toa of Boy is *complaining* that this is cutting into school time. Seriously??? Where did I go wrong with you, boy?

Feb 24
What evil person hides a lemon filling in the middle of a dark chocolate? Really, tha'ts just sick, twisted, and cruel. It was the last of the valentine's candy too :(

Feb 25
First sound I hear when Toa of Boy wakes up...the monkey scream of the flying monkey of justice.

No comments: