I followed her recipe almost exactly, with a few key changes. The following ingredients and directions reflect my changes. I tell you why I deviated, but you don't need to double anything. The recipe is already doubled for you, because I'm nice that way.
Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- 3 Tbs oil (The original recipe calls for canola. I used vegetable cause it's what I had.)
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbs warm milk
- 2 eggs (The original calls for 1 egg plus 2 egg whites. Like that was going to happen.)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp bread machine yeast
- 4 Tbs melted butter
- 1 and 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbs softened butter
- 2 tsp milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Put all ingredients in bread machine in order listed.
- Run the bread machine on its 'dough' setting.
- Three options are now open to you. I won't tell you which path I took.
- PATH A: Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and proceed to step 4.
- PATH B: Turn the dough out into a bowl with a lid and put in the fridge until you can roll it out.
- PATH C: Be so excited about going to see the new Avengers movie that you totally forget about the dough in the dough machine so that it sits and has a nice extended rise time in the pan while you are watching some of the world's greatest superheros save the planet from Loki and his army.
I made these rolls as part of a breakfast buffet for out of town company, and they were a huge success!
(The other dishes on the table were a bowl of cut cantaloupe and a double sized recipe of this breakfast casserole. I had made the bacon in the oven the night before. )