This was a recipe I originally found on allrecipes as Easy Quiche. But, the Jedi says he hates quiche, and would never have touched dinner if I had said I made a quiche. Voila, the birth of...
Egg and Cheese Bake
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup biscuit baking mix (ie--Bisquick)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese mix (the kind I used is called "Fiesta Blend" at Walmart)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a deep dish pie pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together milk, eggs, baking mix, butter and parmesan cheese. Batter will be lumpy.
- Pour into prepared dish. Dump a ton of cheese on top. Dump all the crumbled bacon pieces you have on top of that. (I think I put about 1/2 a cup of bacon on mine, but I would have added more if I had it.)
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, until eggs are set and top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for five to ten minutes before slicing and serving. And of course, don't mention that the original recipe was called a quiche.
The other thing I made last week that was TO DIE FOR was a flourless chocolate cake. You can find the original recipe here on Gluten-Free-Easily. Do not change a thing. Follow her instructions to the letter because really, why would anyone mess with PERFECTION?