Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Two for Tuesday: Mango Salsa

I don't like mangoes. I don't like avocados.

This recipe has both of those things as its two main ingredients. Toa of Boy, who is allergic to tomatoes, wanted to try to find a salsa recipe which he could eat. Toa of Boy loves both mangoes and avocados, so we thought we'd give this a try. I just planned on not eating any myself.

This stuff was delicious. Capital DEEEEEE-li-cious. Yum yum yum.

Here it is.

Avocado-Mango Salsa

Ingredients

  • 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and finely diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1 avocado-peeled, pitted, and diced
Directions
  1. Toss together mango, bell pepper, onion, sugar, olive oil, and lime juice.
  2. Gently fold in avocado.
  3. Season with salt. 
That's IT!!!

This was delicious with chips. This was delicious served over a grilled chicken breast. This was just delicious, delicious, delicious stuff.

And, to keep my "Two for Tuesday" status, here's the next recipe I'm drooling over, but haven't made yet. They're called Knock-You Naked Brownies. I mean, how can you go wrong with a name like that?

Next week, I'm planning on posting with an easy, melt in your mouth, beef fajita recipe, but I might change my mind, so no promises!

No comments: