Do I have your attention?
'Cause these are the BEST BROWNIES EVER.
Best Brownies Ever
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tablespoons SOFTENED butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- cute seasonal sprinkles, or, in the fall, reeces pieces candy. (I say in the fall cause the orange and yellow of the reeces pieces just says 'fall' to me.)
- Put 3 tablespoons of butter out to soften. You'll use this for the fudge top layer. (Don't be a dork and try to soften it in the microwave. You know you're just going to melt it and that won't work. Be patient and let the butter soften for real.)
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Grease and flour an 8 inch brownie pan. (By all that's holy, I can't keep typing. I want to go back and double everything in the recipe and tell you to grease and flour a 9x13 cake pan. That's what I've done every time I've made them. None of this self restraint crap of a dainty little brownie pan. OK, if you are taking these anywhere, go for broke and double the recipe. People will gobble them up and an 8x8 pan is just a tease. However, if you are just making this for the family and you yourself want to continue to fit in your jeans, leave the recipe as is. There will be NO RESISTING these brownies, so don't make a big pan and then come crying back to me when the whole pan is gone and you were the only one in the house.)
- Melt the 1/2 cup of butter in a large saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Thoroughly mix in the cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Pour/spoon batter into your prepared pan, of whatever size you chose. I won't judge you.
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. If the chocolate spirits smile on you, the brownies will not be overbaked or underbaked.
- Combine the heavenly fudge frosting ingredients. (Butter, cocoa, honey, vanilla, powdered sugar). Spread over the brownies while they are still warm. (The fudge topping will be thick...as in unspreadably thick. Use your fingers if you need to mush it on like playdough. The warm brownies will make it pliable and it will smooth out. Promise.)
- If you're feeling especially festive, immediately sprinkle some candy or cake sprinkles or such over the top of the fudge layer.
- Let the brownies cool completely before cutting into them. Seriously. Otherwise they are goop. These are too good to be made into goop. Don't make me come after you for cutting into your brownies too soon.