Friday, January 30, 2009
Friday Fill-in--Marshmallows and Pirates and Toes, oh my!
To play, click on the picture above to go to this week's Friday fill in. Put a link to the Friday fill in in your post. Copy and paste the fill in the blank sentences to your post, and fill in the blanks. Fun and easy :)
1. I'd really like _a good, funny movie_ right now.
2. _"Mmhhhhm"__ is the word you'd most often hear me say if I stubbed my toe. So, I don't really say words when I get hurt. I make sad little squeaky whimpers.
3. Possession is _over-rated_. We have all our needs met. We have a warm house that suits our family. We have electricity (and after the ice storm this week, that's a blessing.) We have plenty of delicious food. We have boots and coats and gloves. We are able to make do on one-income so I can stay home and school the children. We have an awesome church. We have two reliable vehicles, even if one of them is older than our oldest child. I do catch myself wishing for more and comparing my furniture to ikea and thinking that my carpet might easily morph into some creeping horror, and I have to remind myself of all that we DO have.
4. _I'm entertained by_ Captain Jack Sparrow. But I'm still rooting for Will Turner. The sheriff in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves was hysterical, but in the end I still wanted Robin Hood to win.
5. Marshmallows and fire go together like _holy communion IF there is chocolate and graham crackers involved_. Otherwise, its like empty legalism. Why bother going through the motions if the key element that would transform the ordinary into the extraordinary is missing?
6. _Winter drags_ on and on. Seriously. We've had snow since Tuesday, and I'm done with it. Before that we had a week or more of sub-zero temperatures. I'm ready for daffodils and sunshine. You who are in the true frozen north who have been buried in snow and ice and cold since November can laugh, but I can only do a few weeks of winter at most.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _a family night. Sweetling was scheduled to have a sleep-over at her Tae Kwon Do school, but their roof gave in under the snow and ice (or at least leaked) and their busy doing water-damage clean-up. So, the Jedi told her she could pick an activity for a family night intead. Tomorrow my plans include _a cleaning day at our local co-op facility. I think I might also be brave and go get my hair trimmed. And Sunday, I want to _get my coupon file and my grocery budget back in-order_!
Labels: Friday fill-ins