Thursday, February 01, 2007

Captivating

I finished the last chapter of this book. My favorite quotes from the last page: (the book is full of pink highlighter, so i'm just doing the last page)

God really does want you to know who *you* are. He wants you to be able to understand the story of your life, to know where you have come from, and to know where you are going.

You are a woman. An image bearer of God. The Crown of Creation. You were chosen before time and space, and you are wholly and dearly loved.

You are dangerous in your beauty and your life-giving power. And you are needed.

You can be strong and tender. You speak to the world of God's mercy, mystery, beauty, and his desire for intimate relationship.

We need you. We need you to awaken to God more fully and to awaken to the desires of th eheart that he placed within you so that you will come alive to him and to the role that is yours to play.

Whatever your particular calling, you are meant to grace the world with your dance.

2 comments:

lushgurl said...

I love so many of your posts that I think I might have to open a "writings by Choclateer" folder...
You rock g-friend! hugs and :)

The Maven said...

Ooo, so deep. I love it. Just what I needed tonight. Thanks :)