Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Why I hate gardening

Yes. You heard me right. I love gardens. I love flowers. I love designing and planning gardens. I hate the actually gardening. Why?

How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways.
I hate thee to the depth and breadth and height
The weeds do reach while seedlings hide out of sight
For the ends of Hopes and idelic dreams.
I hate thee to the level of pointless days
Most uselessly spent in hot sun and mosquito filled night.
I hate thee truly, for you look a fright.
I hate thee purely, you mire of a plight.
I hate thee with a passion poured at first
In my visions of what you could be, and with all my broken hearted faith.
I hate thee for what I tried to bless, you cursed
Through bitter betrayal, --- I hate thee for the worst
Repayment of all my love and labor! --- and, if my plans be ever shattered ,
I shall but hate thee as the Round-Up I sprayeth.


No comments: