Saturday, September 05, 2009

Facebook Friday, even though its now Saturday

Friday, August 28 at 4:55pm
my pink tablespoon measure is hiding from me. Now, why would it do that?

Saturday, August 29 at 7:13pm
Did you know meijer sells dry ice? Ed's in buying dry ice so we can bring ice cream home with us from cold stone.

Sunday, August 30 at 10:13am
The bad news: my right earring keeps leaping out of my ear. The "good" news: My culry hair is tangled enough to catch the hook evey time.

Sunday, August 20 at 2:22pm
Today's science experiment: exploding a plastic bottle using dry ice. Why? Cause dry ice is the gift that keeps on giving.

Sunday, August 30 at 2:45pm
warning: blast shields would be a good idea for this one.

The Jedi, August 30 at 4:54pm
Do it from a safe distance, say 200' or so, or from the other side of a window. The bottle shot off like a rocket and smacked Toa of Boy in the face.

(And I'm adding right now, Toa of Boy was ok. We thought we were at a safe distance, at the top of the driveway with the bottle near the bottom of the driveway, but we had seriously underestimated the pressure that the CO2 was building up. And no, I'm not looking up how to make the "2" do the little subscript thing. Anyway, Toa of Boy cried, and had a red mark on his face, but thankfully was not seriously hurt. Sweetling, who pointed out the safety warning that came with the dry ice at least twice before we commenced this experiment, was vindicated in her assessment that this might not be the best idea.)

Monday, August 31 at 12:34pm
I want a new blog skin. How hard is it to learn html?

Monday, August 31 at 1:06pm
Sigh. My lunch time project was to kill my blog. Poor blog. Now I just need to find bloggers "undo" button.

Monday, August 31 at 3:43pm
question of the afternoon: if you are a monkey playing baseball, are you allowed to hold the bat with your tail?

Tuesday, September 1 at 7:53am
oday's to do list: school with two kids, fold all the laundry, bleach the rubber duck collection, put together a grocery list, clip and sort coupons, go to the library, and then tae kwon do tonight. Time for a cup of motivational hot chocolate.

Tuesday, September 1 at 9:25am
must resist a second cup of hot chocolate....

Tuesday, September 1 at 5:49pm
Toa of Boy's meal-time objective: Get as much food into his mouth as quickly as possible. Mommy's meal-time objective: Maintain at least a minimal level of polite decorum and decency. The Food's meal-time objective: Go out in style by hitti...ng as many surfaces between the plate and its final demise as possible, and a few surfaces that should have been impossible.

Wednesday, Septermeber 2 at 9:12pm
Just played in the first football game that ever had to be postponned because of bats flying over the field.

Thursday, September 3 at 9:51am
Toa of Boy's first question to me this morning: "Mommy, where's my [Awana] handbook?"

Friday, September 4 at 10:52am
Did you know that lobsters migrate? Look at this video of what Toa of Boy and I are learning!

Friday, September 4 at 5:11pm
I bet my whole family would object if I tried to serve brownies for dinner. Darn. It's ten after five. What else can I make?

No comments: