Driving home today and I saw a sign in front of the Sprint phone store that read "Free plastic bag with every purchase."
Its the sort of thing others need to experience. Somehow sharing these sorts of things takes away the sting of how pathetic we, as a culture, often are.
And of course, there's no better way to share such a sign than on my blog. Which brings me to my second thought of the drive:
Top Ten Signs You Have a Blog Addiction
10. You no longer call, or even email, your friends because they should've already read the most important parts of your days.
9. Its more natural to refer to your friends by their blog screen names than by their real names.
8. You can use phrases like "The Magic 8 Ball" in reference to a person, and no one gets confused.
7. Being called a self-absorbed exhibitionist is a compliment.
6. You don't even *know* the first names of many of the people you are sharing your deepest thoughts and feelings with.
5. You immediately begin to mentally compose a blog entry whenever something funny, profound, or unusual happens to you.
4. You're biggest complaint about your husband/best friend/significant other is that the person doesn't read your blog. If they really loved you, they'd read it...
3. You know more about the daily life of strangers you've never met than you do about your sister/best friend/husband/etc.
2. Being one of the first few to reply to a "meme" is worth bragging rights.
And the number one sign you have a Blog addiction is....
Tum Dum Dum....you decide.
That's right. I'm throwing this out as a meme. Just what is the number one sign you have a blog addiction?