Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Love is Not Irritable

Sadly, today's love dare doesn't apply to my relationship with the Jedi as much as it applies to my relationship with my dear, precious little Sweetling. As I stop and think about when it is during the day that I'm most likely to be irritable, the sad, sad truth is that the one person I'm most likely to be irritable with is the one person in my life who deserves it the least.

Sweetling is special, wonderful, amazing, responsible, intelligent, creative, sensitive, kind, loving, and conscientious. She is so perfect in so many ways. I just get used to her being perfect. And then, in the times when she stumbles and is less than perfect and falls short of the incredibly high expectations placed on her, instead of helping her, I get irritatable.

My goal for myself today:

When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say,
and she always says it kindly. --Proverbs 31:26

No comments: